How to order
The decision to purchase a bespoke bicycle does not come from one day to the next. I’m sure you have been dwelling over it for quite some time. Equally during the order process we will take adequate time to discuss your needs. The goal is to create a bicycle that entirely fulfills your expectations in terms ofdesign as well as performance.
Step 1: Documenting your requirements
It’s important to get a perfect understanding of what you want of your custom bicycle and I will help you to clearly define your needs, from sizing, the choice of tubes and components, all the way to the selection of the handlebar tape. To get a general idea about prices please check out the section below.
To initiate the discussion, contact me by using the form at the bottom of this web site. We will then continue via email and/or phone. Ideally you will find the time to stop by at the workshop.
Step 2: Proposal & Quote
Once we have established your requirements I will be able to give you a first estimate with respect to pricing and timeline. Once we have agreed on your dream build, I will ask for a deposit to secure your place in the production queue.
Step 3: Build
It takes time to design and build a complete bicycle. I build them all by myself in my workshop with a minimum of machines and a lot of manual work. There is no outsourcing or fancy assembly lanes. Currently you will need to consider a lead-time of 2 - 3 months from the receipt of the deposit to the completion of your bike.
The prices below are for the frames and forks that I custom build for you. The price of the complete bike will depend on the components and finishing. All prices including applicable value added tax.
Base price including single color durable powder coat, bosses for canti brakes, bottles, fenders, and racks, cable stops and guides, standard cast dropouts:
- Fillet brazed Columbus Zona: 1400 EUR
- Fillet brazed Columbus Spirit / Life / Max: 1600 EUR
- Lugged Columbus Spirit / SL: 1600 EUR
Base price including single color durable powder coat, bosses for canti brakes and racks, eyelets for fenders, cable guides, standard cast dropouts:
- Columbus SL road / touring / randonneur fork (non-disc): 200 EUR
- Reynolds 631 disc brake fork: 250 EUR
- Internal rear brake cable routing: 80 EUR
- Internal mechanical gear cable routing (per cable): 80 EUR
- Internal gear cable routing for electronic shifting (full set up): 150 EUR
- IS disc brake mount: 50 EUR
- Post-mount disc brake mount: 75 EUR
- Flat-mount disc brake mount: 75 EUR